Sunday, May 6, 2012

Guest Picks: Sarah

Hello! I've got a few friends with phenomenal taste in music, one of them being the lovely, lovely Sarah. Some of the songs you've already seen have been suggestions of hers from the past (like "Toothpaste Kisses" and "The Quiz," coincidentally both on this post) So today is full of Sarah's picks. Please do enjoy.

"Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood
I seriously appreciate the split screen music video. Very inventive.

"Little Bird" by EELS
Sarah said: "I think this song is cute. But I do not really like his voice."
I said: "His voice is like a crossbreed of Mason Jennings and Bob Dylan. I'm amazed."
Hmmm... Ripe for a cover?

"Bloom" by Paper Kites
The girl in the white dress in the woods reminds me of O Brother, Where Art Thou? which, of course, is another favorite. Not a bad music video, but I think I made it clear how much I adored the music video for their song, "Featherstone."

Leave it up to Sarah to find the most precious music out there.

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment