Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Remi-mi-mi-mix

So, today was one of those days where I feel somehow mellow and high energy at the same time. It's like.. part of me wants to listen to "Island in the Sun" and part of me wants to listen to "Hustlin'". Just kidding. I am not sure there's a part of me that has ever consciously made the decision to listen to Rick Ross. But despite that, there's a mashup of the two that I absolutely love. And I'm not joking. It's mashup day.

And here's the thing about mashups: they're like covers in that they can twist around a song you love to make you love/hate it in a different way! Splendid! Of course, they're not everyone's thing. Some people don't even like "Hustlin'" paired with Weezer. And that's ok.

"Hustlin' in the Sun" by Weezer/Rick Ross, mixed by Mother Earth Remixes
Ah, the blending of two perfect classics.

Why is there no sarcasm font?

"Fat Bottomed Girls Come Together" by Queen/The Beatles, mixed by MadMixMustang
It sounds like they were meant to "come together." Aaand I'm not even gonna try to incorporate the phrase, "Fat Bottomed Girls" into my commentary.

A nameless mashup of "A Day in the Life" by The Beatles and "Kids" by MGMT, mixed by Met
*contented sigh*

So I like these ones. And I've definitely got more to show you later, but my goodness! I can't tell you how many bad remixes you've got to listen to in order to find the good ones. A true travesty, it is. Happy listening!

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment