Friday, August 31, 2012

That's right.

If you haven't told anyone you loved them today, do it right now. I'm not joking. Your mom needs to know. Or your girlfriend. Or your dog. Music can wait.

Now that that's done...

"Indiscriminate Act of Kindness" by Foy Vance
Very sweet, very vocal driven, this song definitely hits the spot. It's the kind of song you want to set as your alarm in the morning because it'll wake you up gently and make you feel ok about dragging yourself out of bed. Also, it's nice and long, so you have all that extra time while you're listening to wallow in bed. Unless you've got my roommate, in which case that alarm clock had best be snoozed before it even makes a sound.

"La Grande" by Laura Gibson
Yes. Yes, yes, yes. First of all, love the intensity of this song. Her voice has a good dash of emotion, and she has that old-timey quality that seems to have fallen out of vogue in favor of, like, autotune or something. Second of all, beautifully filmed music video. The warm, desaturated look with the classy, muted red interspersed throughout... I love it. Not to mention I'm just a total sucker for most things old-fashioned. As for plot, I won't lie to you, dear readers. I wasn't exactly paying attention. I was listening and watching but not really trying to comprehend, which is ok sometimes. So plot's definitely free for your own interpretation.

"Fever" by Maps & Atlases
How cool are these guys? I was hoping to find a studio version on Youtube, but this isn't entirely displeasing. Still, you ought to go play it on iTunes or Spotify or wherever you crazy kids get your music fix. Alright, let's all just appreciate the length of the singer's beard. Amazing. Utterly amazing. He's been working on that a while. It's great how easygoing this track is. It's easy to tap your foot to, and it's really energizing in a way. Definitely add these guys to your starred list on Spotify.

In other news, I tried this new drink. Now, I'm generally a very, very adventurous person. That includes taking leaps of faith in gastronomical ventures, and rarely am I sorry. This drink made me very, very sorry. Regrets: I now have them. I don't know if you've ever heard of Kombucha, but I hadn't when I saw this guy. I had however heard about chia seeds and all their awesome health benefits and how they'd make me into a marathon runner or something. Now Kombucha, as I was not aware, is actually some demented joke on the health world because it's, according to the internet, fermented tea. All I knew when I picked up this bottle was that it looked exotic, had seeds in it, and was raspberry flavored. I don't know why I kept drinking it after the first sip. I truly don't. It had a strange jelly consistency with the seeds suspended, and I could swear it tasted just like raspberry vinaigrette. Stay clear, friends. No kombucha for anyone, ever.

And apparently, I've been spelling raspberry wrong for a long, long time. Where does that P come from?! Embarrassment.

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment