Monday, September 3, 2012

Listen up.

Some nights the sky is so dark, it seems to swallow up all the stars and threaten to eat the Earth. I hope it doesn't do that for a while. Like, until December 21, 2012

"California Daze" by Peace
Listen. I'm going to fall asleep right now. It's so perfect with floating vocals yet just enough percussion to keep it tethered to the ground. It's true love. Not to mention California daze is a familiar concept... I really hope this song does it for you like it does for me.

"Iron Doors" by The Lighthouse and the Whaler
Tonight calm would be nice. So this song is nice. Somehow the singer's voice is like a toned-down Young the Giant, a little less energetic, which really hits the spot right now. Also, someone is totally going to call me out for knowing nothing about music whatsoever, but is that violin I hear in the background? Violin makes me really, really happy.


"Sakura: Theme and Variations" composed by Yuquijiro Yocoh, performed by Mutita Narkmuang
So the other day I was at a crazy, wild dance party complete with flashing lights and tons of superheroes. Not joking. But I was getting bored of the madness and stepped outside for some air. Lo and behold, three classical guitar majors were sitting around a guitar and playing some of the most beautiful music I've heard in a long time. Every time the door opened, we'd get an earful of Flo Rida, and it just seemed funny to me that anyone would be inside listening to that when under the stars there was this incredible personal concert going on. My favorite song they played was this guy.

What a life!

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment