Monday, August 6, 2012

Automatic, Supersonic, Hypnotic, Funky Fresh

Remember that Ciara song? Actually, remember Ciara? Is she still alive? Someone told me the other day that Kel of "Kenan and Kel" had died of a crack overdose. I freaked. Then I told a friend who also freaked, but it was worse because I was driving and she started screaming about orange soda. So I threw my phone at her and told her to Wikipedia that jazz. Turns out he recently was remarried and has a recurring role on PBS's Curious George. Go Kel. Not dead.

Anyway, music.

"Santa Fe" by Beirut
Well, besides the first half being the most depressing music video in the history of YouTube, I've most certainly seen much worse. I like when his dead wife and dog come back and share pizza with him on the beach. That's how memories are made. A little confused about him stealing the wallets of all the people being baptized, but the song is a gem for sure. It's does a great job of being perfectly upbeat while still remaining tame. Bravo, Beirut.

"Shake Shake Shake" by Bronze Radio Return
This song is exactly what my ears needed. Maybe that sounds lame, but I can't think of another way to say that. Does that ever happen to you, where a song just feels exactly right for the moment you're in? Right now, Bronze Radio Return has done it for me. I could be wrong, but it seems as though there's some strange degree of power or tension or something impossibly unplaceable behind their instrumentals. In that way it's like "Welcome Home Son" by Radical Face, which I posted here. Side note: it's a lyric video by a random person, so don't associate it too heavily with the song.

"Take Your Mama" by Scissor Sister
When my mom first heard this song a year or two ago, she'd just gotten her "Shazam" app on the iPhone and she was so proud of using it and finding this song about taking your mama out. As far as interpreting the lyrics, we try not to.
In other news, lamest music video to date.
If you wanna minimize the window, Scissor Sisters won't know.

Soooo... yeah. Happy Monday, errybody

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment