Friday, August 3, 2012

If You Stare Long Enough Into the Abyss...

...the abyss will also stare into you.
Nietzsche said that. Or something to that effect. I mean, the guy was German. And I'm not exactly a student of philosophy. Whatcha gonna do? But the point is that I've spent the past lil while at the Grand Canyon, and, abyss that it is, the internet fell into it. The abyss stared into Coco Cappuccino. So I appreciate the patience with my lack of a post on Monday (I tried, I solemnly swear!) and with my guest post on Tuesday. Hunter was a brilliant guest, and I give her many thanks and accolades for her heroic blog rescue. Also, I owe her a frozen yogurt.

"Dance Dance Dance" by Lykke Li
Why do lyric videos on Youtube always seem to start out with that same blue screen with white letters? So Lykke Li. She's pretty fantastic. And I have to admit, the first time I heard a song of hers was on the Twilight soundtrack. No joke, that was actually a great soundtrack. There's also a version of this song on YouTube with Bon Iver added in, but it's not the most perfect quality, and I suggest listening to this version before you get too crazy with the Bon Iver version.

Erato's cover of "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn
This cover is absolutely dripping with excellence. These harmonies, the hand-drumming-cup-thing they do... Erato has taken something great and made it into something gorgeous. And if you like this song, I really and truly urge you to watch:
Lennon and Maisy's cover of Erato's cover of "Call Your Girlfriend" by Robyn
These girls are 12 and 8 years old! How amazing is that? Their voices are just phenomenal. And they're pretty much adorable. I'm sensing an amazingly bright future for these ones. I also like that they wrote their names above them on the brown paper. Melting due to an overload of awww.

"Blood Keys" by American Royalty
To me this music video looks like... biology. Mitosis or something? I wouldn't really know because 10th grade biology was the class in which I perfected my Tetris skillz. Not like I'm proud or anything. But this song does a good job of combining a little rock with something almost Radioheadesque. Certainly not easy listening, but horribly perfect for what it does.

Again, thanks for the patience. I truly do appreciate your views and I'll continue trying to bring you quality songs and semi-serious commentary if you keep checking back!

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment