Friday, August 24, 2012

What a life.

Some days, it's just great to be alive.

"Insulin" by Chadwick Stokes
It's a foot tapper. Lately I've been really drawn to soft voices like his, particularly with this type of picked guitar goin' on in the background. It's uplifting without being overwhelming. The lyrics do seem a little uninspired, as though it was a going through the motions kind of thing. Perhaps that's just because they don't speak to me at this particular moment.

"Danny, Dakota, & the Wishing Well" by A Silent Film
I must admit, to start out this is not exactly my type of song. For some reason it really reminds me of "Died in Your Arms" by 80s pop sensation Cutting Crew (only half sarcasm). But after about a minute of nonsense, we get to a little excitement, and the melody really is catchy. On a whim I put it on a workout playlist, and it ended up being a serious burst of energy, so I could do, like, 3 extra pushups. Try that. Listen to music, get bulky.

"A Thousand Thieves" by Trixie Whitley
Let me tell you how obsessed I am with Trixie Whitley: Very. This chick is a powerhouse, I'm telling you. Who has a voice like that? I want to see Katy Perry belt like that. Sometimes the best music arises out of simplicity and soul, and Trixie has just that. I can see where some people would be deterred by the depth of her voice, but I think it just adds to the overall power of her voice. Also, it's impressive to see a wail like that come out of a dainty blonde. Power to you, Trix.

Today. Today is a day that it's great to be alive.

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment