Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Guest Post: Hunter

As Coco's family road trip has brought her into the middle of nowhere, she has enlisted some help from her future college suite mate: me. Hopefully I won't let her down or disappoint you, readers. I've been listening to a mixture of music genres lately. Of course, as I'm from Texas, there's always the obligatory country music--but I won't share that here.

"Next to Me" by Emeli Sande
This song was introduced to me just last night by one of my close friends who just returned from a month-long stay in Africa. She immediately thought of me when she heard because Emeli Sande's music is very similar to that of Janelle Monae (who I love and have seen in concert a few times). So talented.

"Lakehouse" by Of Monsters and Men
I decided to buy the Of Monsters and Men album on impulse when I was shopping in a random Target in Tyler, Texas. This was a couple months ago and I had no clue what Of Monsters and Men sounded like but the second I played their CD in my car, I was hooked. This is absolutely my favorite song by them.

"Rocks and Daggers" by Noah & The Whale
Noah & The Whale first entered my realm of interest in 2010 during the semester I spent in New York City. Every morning in our dorm, we'd have a "song of the day." This song was played by my friend Gracie and ever since then, I have associated it with all the memories during those 4 months up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment