Thursday, July 26, 2012

Road Trip?!

This week has been absolutely mad. But in the best way, yknow. Why? Because it's the obligatory family summer road trip. No big deal, you say? No, my friend. Big deal. My family takes road trips to a whole different level. Road tripping is like an Olympic sport around here, and we win both gold and silver, leaving the Griswolds with a lowly bronze. It's not a rarity to drive from California to Pennsylvania in three days... twice in one summer. I've forgotten what a bathroom break even feels like.

So you must realize how this blog post might be a little, well, off. And I'm going to just hope that you love me enough forgive. I'll do my best.

"Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf
When I'm on a road trip, this song makes me feel like I'm the protagonist in a great road trip movie. Like Wild America or something. I'm not going to try to explain that. You should know by now not to ask for explanation.

Except, now that I think about it, it's probably because "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf is in the movie Wild America. Boh.

"Like a Dancer" by The Enemy
I don't think the lyrics correlate to this at all, but this song feels a bit like some sort of life-is-good anthem, and it's the sort of song I'd feel completely happy listening to in the car on the way to some vacation destination. It's got a nice rocky undertone. Rocky being, like, rock and roll. Not Rocky the boxer. I don't know why you'd make that mistake. Listen, I'm writing this at a very late hour.

"Gimme Twice" by The Royal Concept
Let's get this straight. The girls are the freaky kidnappers in the music video? What is that? I am declining further comment because anything I have to say this point will do zero justice to your view of the video, to this blog, to my integrity. Like I said, it's late. And I think I would like this band better if the lead singer's voice didn't remind me so much of Phoenix because I was definitely among those who overdosed on that band in the summer of 2009.

For the record, I asked my younger brother what to post, and literally every suggestion he had was a Billy Joel song. I asked him why, and he just stared at me with this look that asks, "What sort of idiot are you?" and said, "Billy Joel's awesome."

xx coco









"Tiny Dancer" by Elton John
I don't know that he expected this song in particular, but there's my tribute to the bro.  Hold me closer, Elton John.

Wait, wait, wait, actually please don't.


EDIT: Tuesday, August 7th, 20:02
It has come to my attention that Billy Joel and Elton John are not the same person. I am deeply sorry for any confusion and hurt that this has caused. Refunds will be available upon request, and therapy may also become available. If not, you can email me your problems and I'll send back sympathetic smiley faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment