Monday, July 9, 2012

Cereal, Among Other Things. Like Music

Here's the thing. I could eat cereal for... maybe forever. It's becoming semi-serious. Especially at night. It just really doesn't fill you up, know what I'm sayin'? So you end up eating as much cereal as might fit in the back of a decent sized minivan before you know it. And I know it's probably the cardinal sin of healthy eating, but cinnamon toast crunch, let's just skip the whole bowl and milk thing. Hand me the box if you want to live.

And if you don't enjoy sugary cereal, you're either a liar, a robot, or a diabetic. If you're a liar or a robot, get off my blog. The diabetics can stay. You guys have it rough.

In other news, I've decided on a Monday-Friday schedule for the blog posts, since Mondays need a little cheer and Fridays are so great that we all just want to dance.

"Bright Lights" by Gary Clark Jr.
Perfection: this song has reached it. I'm pretty eh on the music video. But the song itself, in particular those vocals, is just gorgeous. Touch of Black Keys, anyone?

"Cali in a Cup" by Woods
Ok, so I know this is someone's random home-cooked video of their jump off Sauron's tower into a 6 foot deep pond in Virginia, but it is actually the only video I could find with the song. Just pretend it's got some instagram-esque effects, and it's not too much different than many of the music videos on Youtube today! Nice song though, right?

"Auto-Happy" by Slow Runner
And to end on a groovin' beat, I give you Slow Runner! Just like me and all the girls on my high school cross country team that I convinced to build forts in the woods with me rather than run our workouts! And is it just me, or is the use of autotune in this song totally not annoying? It's like a new breed of music!

xx coco



No comments:

Post a Comment