Friday, July 20, 2012

Funny Story...

No, I lied, and I don't have a funny story.  Look, all day I've been funny, and I'm watching a ten year old who just doesn't understand, so I'm feeling a bit on the bitter side about my comic abilities. When I told her she couldn't take a joke, she looked at me deadpan and said, "No. No, I can't," and walked away. And to think I made that girl an omelette.

"Girls" by Deep Sea Arcade
Why does his voice sort of remind me of The Beatles? Or maybe it's that haircut, that heinous haircut... Nonetheless, The music video is well done, in my opinion. Of course, it's not the kind you could watch over and over because of how cool it is, but then again, I don't think I'd put the song on repeat either.

"Bottom of the River" by Delta Rae
Excellent, excellent song. Her voice kills me. It's deep and soulful and just stays with you. And freaky as the lyrics may be, they're well written and just work with what they've chosen to do here. I love it. But oh, my stars above is that not the creepiest music video? It's simply terrifying. Aside from that, it's somehow beautiful.

"Tamer Animals" by Other Lives
I don't know, somehow any time I see tiny people, my first instinct is "They're borrowers!" but that could be just me. I sort of think I'm not alone in that though. Actually, I'm not even sure those people are supposed to be tiny, but their cars are, like, toy cars. And the gravel of the pavement looks massive! Beyond that essential tangent, it's a soothing song. I don't want to go as far as to say dispassionate, but it's certainly good for calming down after you listen to "Bottom of the River."

I think the valuable lesson here is not to make omelettes for just anyone. If someone's made an omelette for you lately, you're probably special. But maybe less so if you payed money for it. But we can pretend if it makes you feel better.

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment