Saturday, April 14, 2012

Grammatically "Whaat?" Band Names

This is an ode to a few of my favorite songs by bands with punctuation in their names that make me a little embarrassed to talk about with normal people because I look like some sort of elitist hipster who listens to bands with names that have punctuation in them. But wait, I do. Foiled!

"Chinese Translation" by M. Ward

It's a peaceful one.

"Sleep Forever" by Portugal. The Man
I didn't link the official music video, which I don't suggest if you're not into 13 minute videos with super creepy/disturbing parts in the middle. If you're not, you also shouldn't ever listen to "Metanoia" by MGMT which is 13 minutes long and the entire thing is a little creepy. In a good way! ...cough...

"Light House" by NewVillager (notice the lack of a space)
The video for that is... well, weird. But beautiful. And I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

"Song About California" by Hey Ocean!
Isn't her voice just sweet?

No, but hey! I listen to music because I LIKE the music! Not because the weird names that the vast majority of the population hasn't heard of make me look in-touch with some deeper, underground culture! No, wait guys, come back! Come back!

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment