Saturday, April 21, 2012

For those who can hear the music

Technically it's Sunday where I am, so the daily post is happening. Right now. Partially because I don't want to forget which songs I wanted to post. Partially because I have a massive monster of a paper to write tomorrow.

"Pretty Face" by Sóley
And yes, I did copy and paste to get that accent over the "o."

"Down River" by The Temper Trap
I went through a phase where I only listened to this song. Like, last week.

"Two Doves" by Dirty Projectors
No matter where I am or what I'm doing, if I am listening to this song, I'm elsewhere.

"Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche
I've been thinking about that quote a lot lately. Wondering what it means exactly to be a dancer, where the music is coming from and how to listen for it. Are you dancing right now?

Except I sort of doubt it was actually Nietzche who said it...

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment