Thursday, April 19, 2012

CoverCoverCoverCover-CoverChameleon!

Nope, sorry for the misleading post name. No Culture Club covers today. Buuut it is Thursday, which I have designated as weekly worldwide cover day! And you have no choice but to accept that.

Zee Avi's cover of "First of the Gang" by Morrissey
I have a girl crush on Zee Avi. She did that NPR Tiny Desk Concert in 2009, and I thought I died.

G. Love's cover of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon
I don't know why more people aren't all over G. Love. He started Jack Johnson! Errybody loves Jack Johnson! Almost errybody.

Starf**ker's cover of "Girls just Want to Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper
Love the fact that it's men singing about how girls just want to have fun. Oh, you ironic Starf**kers, you! You slay me.

I think it would take some valiant effort to redo Karma Chameleon anyway. No offense to Boy George fans if you still exist. But the first person to show me a decent rendition of that song gets the naming rights to my first born son, and I'll do your taxes next year.

xx coco

No comments:

Post a Comment